Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August Challenge: Day 2--Failure Strikes! :(

So far, so good on the spending front.  Well, maybe not entirely.  Remember when I mentioned in my challenge reveal post that I had already planned a dinner with a friend where I was going to end up blowing my challenge just this much? Well, that dinner was last night.  Nothing like blowing the challenge right out of the gate.  However, it goes a tiny step further.  Yeah. . .I'll admit it.  I screwed up.  I thought I had been all smooth by going out and scoring a coupon to the place where we were going to be eating.  Until the moment that I drove up to the restaurant.  My girlfriend had given me the name of the place.  I had plugged the same name into my GPS and it had led me right to the front door.  However, there was a different name on the sign/front door.  Same type of food, just different name.  So, I figured I wasn't going to be able to use my coupon.  Looking back on it, I totally should have asked them if they would accept it, but. . .alas, I just sucked it up and paid the bill.  Grand total spent: $18.73.  Ouchies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!