Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Goals Update--Weekend of 2/24

Okay, don't go being all judgey on me.  Here's how I stacked up this weekend:


  • order heartworm meds for the dog--doing this at work today. 
  • tag stuff for the consignment sale
  • deliver tagged items to the consignment sale on Sunday
  • write a god-awful paper on a god awful subject: Globalization in Mexico and the U.S.
  • turn in previously mentioned assignment meant only to inflict torture upon an unsuspecting (and undeserving of said torture) soon-to-be (if God has any mercy at all, that is) graduate and smile while doing so because doing anything other could impact a (nearly) flawless GPA
  • get an oil change (I'm pretty sure this is God's way of punishing me for something--single women should not have to drive around in cars that require maintenance.  Or new tires.  Where's the gal who can design a car that doesn't require either of those things?  Wherever she is, she's soon to be rich.  And my new BFF)
  • volunteer at consignment sale on Sunday--I hide behind the concept that I volunteer at this thing because I want to help and I'm invested in the owners' success.  Really, it's just that they give me a bigger percentage of my sales if I volunteer.  So, again, I slap on a smile and grit my teeth while the two sale owners talk massive amounts of trash and gossip about every.last. unsuspecting customer, consignor, or volunteer who sets foot in the place.  And then I leave and they talk smack about me.  I'm not naive.  I know their game.  I'm not special so there's no valid reason to think that I would be spared from their middle-schoolish gossip fests. 
  • Take-out Chinese and a sappy movie date with a girlfriend for tonight--Lucky me, I get to indulge in this little bit of single mama bonding while attempting to multi-task and write the paper mentioned previously.  Where did I leave that damn cape??
  • Sweep & Mop the floors--oh joy--yeah right, this is probably the 3,460th time that this same task has shown up on my to-do list and hasn't gotten done. Convenient isn't it?  I HATE (as in, H-A-T-E) to sweep.  Don't mind the mopping but sweeping usually leads to violent twitches for me.  Since mopping just isn't as effective without sweeping first, my floors usually look like they are meant to be streaked.  It's the new look.  Just don't eat off the floors!   
  • Laundry--maybe I'll find my missing cape
  • Go over and help a friend fill out a job application on Sunday afternoon--since said friend is an HR professional, I'm very unclear as to why she asked me to help her fill out the application.  But, I'm flattered and more than happy to help her.  And I mean that geniunely.  She's a nice friend. 
  • Paint the final paint project for Tyler's bathroom--didn't get totally done with this but I did get something done on it
  • Write at least 2 posts for LoaDoL-SMS (if you haven't checked out the new addition to the blog, you must do so here.  Right now.  I'll wait.)
  • Talk my friend into actually scheduling a date for when we are going to go to Ikea and spend a very large chunk of my tax return
IN ADDITION, I also managed to get the following things done which were not on the original list:
  • Buy tent for camping trip in May
  • Read the Sunday paper while sipping a hot cup of coffee in a quiet house while completing ignoring the fact that there are dust bunnies hiding in every corner of the house constantly taunting me and quietly whispering to each other that they've lived here so long that in order to get rid of them I'll need a legal order of eviction.  Just keep blabbering you dust bunnies, I'm coming after you.  One day.  Maybe when I run out of coffee. 
  • I got two more pages written for my final Senior Thesis paper in my HR class.  Yay!  Only a few more pages to write and then I can start on the finishing touches.  Once I get that done, I can turn in the paper to my professor for a preliminary review.  I dread this--he'll probably pick it apart and cause me hours worth of more work just to get it the way he wants it before I can turn it in for good.  Oh well. . .T minus 69 days until graduation.  I can make it. . .I can make it. . .I will make it! 
Can I get a collective BOO-YAH?!  No?  Just me?  Oh, okay. . be that way, then.  I'm actually pretty happy with the amount of stuff that I managed to get done this weekend.  Then again, Ty was at his dad's house so that might explain the extra burst of productivity. 

3 comments:

  1. HOLLA! you had a good weekend and living only with your little man, i dont think anyone is gonna notice the floor isnt perfect except you- just look up and you wont notice it either hahaha that is my strategy anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an excellent strategy. . . .except. . .well, my ceilings are all in desperate need of being painted. Ick. So, I try to stare straight ahead and call the dog if I drop anything on the ground so that I don't have to bend down and be that close to my floors. I figure his intestinal tract is stronger than mine. Let him eat off the floor!

      Delete
  2. OMG you got so much done!
    Love the new single mama stuff tab!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!