Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time to get rollin' into 2012

Maybe I'm just anxious to put 2011 behind me or maybe I'm cautiously optimistic that 2012 holds something great for me.  Who knows?  Either way, I'm ready to get crack-a-lackin' on some 2012!  I'm not really the whole New Years Resolution type person (is it perhaps because I generally suck at following through on them?  Hmm. . .) but I'm going to follow status quo and set a few that I really do want to work towards in this upcoming year. 

1. Graduate with my Bachelor's Degree in May and hold an Honors Distinction.  I would like for it to be Suma Cum Laude but right now, I'd settle for any honors distinction!  This last semester is going to be Brutal (yes, with a capital 'B'!) so I'm a little worried about making it through with the higher grades that I've been accustomed to recieving in prior classes.  We shall see. . .

2. I would like at least one month this year where I have total budget compliance.  I realize that this is  a ridiculously low set goal, but I've been REALLY struggling with staying within my monthly budget for several months.  At this point, just having one month where I can stay completely compliant might give me the added confidence that I need to be assured that it is possible.  I also recognize that staying within my budget is totally up to me and that I'm fully responsible for those months where I have totally blown the budget.  Trust me, my credit card statements never fail to remind me of this.

3. Staying with the financially minded resolution above, I'm also dedicated to getting my credit card paid off in 2012 and keeping it that way.  At least not allowing a balance to carry over from month to month.  This, too, has been a complete struggle for me since I literally live off of my credit card.  But, I haven't been doing my part to keep unnecessary charges off of my credit card so I'm hoping that once I get the balance down to zero, the rush of adrenaline from that alone will be incentive enough to stop charging things that aren't absolutely necessary.

4. To give my blog the love and attention that she deserves.  This includes not only allocating the funds to give her a facelift sometime later in the year but also fine tuning my posts so that the content lives up to the title of my blog.  I feel like I do enough brain dumping about my life but I haven't taken the time to really identify anything that lends to the name of my blog.  If anything, I've done the opposite.  I used to be SOOO thrifty.  I was a coupon queen.  I could decorate my house on a dime.  I scored free stuff all.the.time.  I know that the economy has hampered this a bit (free stuff is much harder to come by, coupon values hit the floor, more people in thrift stores mean you have to look harder for great deals, etc) but a part of it is my own fault.  I've slacked off in a major way.  I thought I was pressed for time before my ex moved out but now that everything in this house falls on me, I really struggle to find the time and energy to "Live on a Dime or Less" these days.  I'll get back there one day.  No worries, I will!

5. To finally decide once and for all what I'm doing with my life when it comes to my relationship with BD.  We've spent the 8 months since he moved out trying to figure out what our relationship is going to entail and it just seems to get more and more complicated.  I know that I can't live the rest of my life the way that I'm living it now so I'm hoping that I can find peace and clarity in the near future. 

That's it for now.  There are a million things that I want to do but I've found out the hard way that piling too many expecations and goals onto myself only ends badly.  Plus, if I really look deeper into the five above, some of them are quite lofty and could quickly become all-consuming. 

What about y'all?  Any resolutions to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!