Friday, September 30, 2011

My Little Baby's First Day of Kindergarten

I swore this day would never come.  I prayed it would never come.  I tried as hard as I could to make sure it didn't come too fast.  Sure enough, it did.  It came WAY too fast. :(  My little baby started school at the beginning of the month and I've been in a weird funk ever since.  Those of you who have walked this path before me probably know what I'm talking about.  Or, maybe I'm just crazy.  It's possible.  There are these milestones that our kids hit that just remind us so very forceably that they are growing up.  Too fast.  Their first birthday, first steps, first words, first haircut, first day of school. . .it goes on. 


Earlier in September, my baby started Kindergarten.  Being the incredibly overbearing Mommy that I am, I documented (almost) most every movement that we made that morning.  That is, until we got the front door to leave.  It was at that point that I broke down in tears and could no longer see through the lens of my camera to take anymore pictures.

Here's what I was able to capture:



This is what the little man looks like when he wakes up.  He's grumpy.  Very grumpy.  Must get it from his Dad.  I'm sweet as a Georgia Peach when I wake up.  Hmm. . .


I guess he didn't have too much patience for me and the camera that morning.  Okay, I'll go find something else to do, then. 

Like start my coffee.  I have to start my morning off with coffee.  Otherwise, I act like a rotten Georgia Peach.  It can get very ugly.


And I started making my baby breakfast.  Poor baby needs to start his day off with a nice hot breakfast.  Every good mom does this, right? 


Still making that nice hot breakfast for my baby. . .


Almost ready!


That's right!  Getting my sweet pea's morning started off right.  I guess now is the time that I let you in on a little secret.  Ty started school almost a month ago.  I think that's the last time he got a hot, homemade breakfast.  Unless you count a toasted Pop Tart.  In that case, he gets a hot breakfast every morning!


Nevertheless, my little school boy loved it!  As you can tell from the picture, he's in a much better mood now!

OMG. . .he makes my heart hurt!  I swear it just explodes with lovey goodness when I see him. 

And. . .at this point, the pipes behind my eyes broke and I couldn't stop the water from overflowing out around my eyeballs.  Horrible flooding.  Lasted forever a while.  I've filed an insurance claim for the damages.  It was massive. 

Overall, the little dude likes school and feels so grown up now that he goes to "big boy" school.  He keeps asking me when he's going to high school.  I tell him that if I have my way, he'll never go to high school. Still working on that formula to keep him little forever!

How about your little ones?  Anyone else have a little guy or gal who started their first day of Kindergarten recently?  Share your (sob) story with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!