Friday, September 2, 2011

Goals for this weekend

To (attempt) to make up for my lack of thought provoking posts this week, I'm going to post my goals for things to get accomplished around my house this weekend.  I can't quite figure out if I'm doing this so that I feel like you guys can all hold me accountable or if I'm inviting you all to gossip about what a slacker I am when I fail to be able to mark off the items on my list.  However, it's a 3 day weekend and I'm REALLY hoping that I can manage to get the list totally done.  So. . .here goes:

  • Send out September Thirty One specials email (I'm a Consultant for Thirty One Gifts and I send out an email at the beginning of each month to my customers about the specials for that month)
  • Blog Posts--get at least one post published and one post started for next week for my own blog and then get post written for the blog that I'm guest blogging for.  More on that to come.  Yes, I'm famous already. Mom, you should be insanely proud!
  • Pay bills--I think the mortgage company likes it when I pay them regularly.  The rest of the companies seem to too.  I hate paying bills.  It's all adult-y and stressful.  Where's the fun?
  • mow the grass--front yard and back yard
  • Start planning Tyler's birthday party--Is there any way I can get out of that???
  • Finish painting the office--2 walls of that damn (yes, I occasionally let it slip.  Sorry!) office have been painted for weeks MONTHS and it's high time it got finished.  I'm such a procrastinator.
  • Clean at least 1/2 of the office mess--my office is a total disaster.  As in, STUFF all over the floor.  The madness needs to stop.
  • Grocery shop--Irene helped me to clean my fridge and freezers. Now it's time to see if I can start filling them again.
  • Costco-need to get a dog bed.  Apparently, Pete thought it would be wise to eat his last one.  There are little bits of stuffing all around my room and an empty shell of what used to be a fluffy dog bed in the corner.  It's crazy business.
  • Homework for school
  • Sweep & mop the hardwood floors
  • Vacuum the carpet
  • Clean Tyler's room--I will have assistance with this or else the miniature man who lives in my house will start sleeping in the garage.  I keep telling him that we had a hurricane named Irene come through the neighborhood, not a Tornado named Tyler.  Geez. . . .
  • Clean the laundry room--the cat lives in there and he knows no boundaries when it comes to the litter box.  He doesn't exactly do his business outside of the box, but he likes to fling litter all over the floor.  That, and he's not exactly the neatest when he eats.  Therefore, there is a mess of litter, dry cat food bits, and wet food smears all over my laundry room floor.  Gross. 
So, that's the plan.  Do you think I'm crazy?  Should you all start taking bets on how many things that I accomplish?  I will make a very concerted effort to post an update on Tuesday as to how well I did over the weekend.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!