Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lowes Build-N-Grow



If you haven't heard about Lowes Build-N-Grow, you are totally behind the times.  It's like the best thing EVER to occupy a rough-and-tumble boy on a Saturday morning.  I've been making a real effort to get more involved in some of the "boy" things that Tyler likes doing and stop forcing my poor boy to bake cookies and cakes with his girlie Mama. Quite honestly, this boy stuff is hard!  It goes against every nail polish painting, make up brush weilding, cake baking bone in my body.  I just don't get the whole Backugan and Transformers obsession and I don't have anywhere near the energy level that a five year old has.  However, I truly enjoy the time that Ty and I spend together at Build-N-Grow.  Every other week (at least in our area), there is a workshop at our local Lowes where the kids get to build different projects with their parents.  This week, it was a tow truck.  Now, this is much more advanced than the projects that we usually complete.  This one required a significant amount of work from Mommy! 

So, for this one, we started out with all of the parts.  Wow, that's alot of parts.  Mr. Lowes Man, you mean you want ME to help this kid put this stuff together?  You do realize that I can't even hang a picture, right?  I mean, I don't even know how to work a screwdriver.  This looks intimidating! 


But, my little man wasn't afeerd.  Nope, he jumped right in by grabbing the hammer and thrusting the directions at me saying "Mommy, you have to read these because I can't read the words yet".  Lovely. 




So, while my baby was hammerin' I was readin'.  All along the way, I kept reading those directions and dutifully watching over my little baby bear making sure that he didn't nail one of his little fingies (fingers) to a piece of wood. 



Just look at that concentration:




We even got down on the floor to work! 


Little by little, we put pieces of wood together and they started resembling a truck. 


Once it started looking like a truck, I'm not sure who was more excited.  The little being that had created it or the Mommy that had supervised.  I was bursting with pride that my little man was such a carpenter.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was a little proud of myself for being able to read those directions so darn well!


Once we got all of those pieces together, then it was time to put the stickers on.  Ty got so excited about this part because, in his words "Now it's a REAL tow truck!".


Sure enough, that little puddin' pop is right, it is a real tow truck!  What a fun Saturday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, I want your comments, I need your comments. . .BUT I will delete all comments that are rude, mean, negative, or inappropriate in any way. Afterall, my Mom and Nana just might be reading!